Adoption Grant FAQ’s
- Complete the Adoption Grant Application
Forms – Please scan & mail the following form in one completed packet to: ONEless, Attn: Adoption Grants, P.O. Box 754, Smyrna, TN 37167
- Proof of adoption agency’s 501(c)3 status - document must contain Employer Identification Number (EIN) and must state that your agency is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization
- Copy of completed home study
- Typed Adoption Story - limit 250 words
- Copy of previous two year’s tax return
- * Note – Please mark through your social security number so that it is not readable on all documents.
- * Important – Online Adoption Grant Application, Pastor Questionnaire, and Reference Questionnaires are the only items we will accept via email. All other forms must be mailed together in one packet.
- Pastor Questionnaire - Request your Pastor to write a reference letter including how long he has known you. Include this, in a sealed envelope with your packet.
- Reference Questionnaire - Please provide 2 personal reference letters you entered from Step 1 of the application. Include these in your packet.
Please fill out the references and mail the application and all other documents in one envelope/packet.
No, at this time we only awards grants to families working with a licensed, non-profit (501c3) agency.
Yes, we award grants to two-parent families and single-parent families.
All applicants must have a completed home study and be working with a licensed, 501c3 agency in order to apply for a ONEless grant. You may apply as soon as both those statements are true; however, the grant committee does look at length of time before likely travel. The applicant may choose to email us to let us know about any up-dates in the adoption journey.
Once we have received all your paperwork, you will receive an e-mail within three weeks of the postmarked date of your documents, letting you know we have received everything.
Yes, you can receive a grant after you travel. However, we must receive all paperwork before you travel.
Grants will be awarded within 60 days. All checks are mailed directly to the adoption agencies on behalf of the families.
Yes, each applicant will receive a letter (via USPS) regarding the outcome of the review process.
You can apply one time for each adoption, and you are welcome to apply again for another adoption in the future.
Most grants awarded are $500.
Our committee considers many different factors in the review process. Some of those factors include but are not limited to: financial need, stewardship with current finances, special needs adoptions, sibling group adoptions, and adoption of children who are about to age-out of the orphan system.
Yes, you can apply for a grant if you live overseas. However, one applicant must be a U.S. citizen. If you are currently living overseas, please provide us with an address in the United States we can use for our correspondence.