What we do
ONEless Ministries is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Our mission is to make ONE less Orphan, ONE less Vulnerable Child by providing grants for qualifying adopting families and by supporting our safe Home of Hope in SaoPaulo, Brazil.
ONEless was created with the idea that numbers and statistics can be overwhelming. When we see overwhelming information we turn away because we think we could never make a difference. While we are turning our eyes, hearts, and minds away, the need just grows. Instead of focusing on the magnitude of the problem ONEless focuses on helping one person at a time. We want to help millions and end this injustice, but we start by helping one and making one less.
Foster Care Support
We developed the Foster Care Initiative at ONEless to further prevent children from falling prey to human trafficking and as a means to love and care for vulnerable children right here in our own backyard. A recent study showed that roughly 80% of children that are rescued from human trafficking have some tie to foster care.
There are 8,400 children in foster care in the state of TN, and over 10,500 churches. We believe it is the church’s role to care for and look after these children. We want to engage and equip local churches to love and care for foster children. We also want to be able to support foster families. We have taken part in the Department of Children’s Services Christmas party in Shelby County (Memphis), as well as hosted an Easter egg hunt for foster children in Rutherford County (Nashville). We have also been given the privilege to take part in teaching PATH in Shelby County (Memphis). PATH (Parents As Tender Healers) is the state required training course to become a foster parent. We believe that if we can help train foster parents, they can be better equipped to handle these children, resulting in safer, long term homes for these children.
Children that age out of the foster system are:
- 3x more likely to never receive a high school diploma or a GED
- 7x more likely to be convicted of a crime
- 3x more likely to be institutionalized for a mental illness
- 2.5x more likely to become a teen parent
- 7x more likely to be on food stamps
What will be your role in the fight to help us make ONE less?
In order for your application to be considered eligible for a ONEless adoption grant, the following items must be completed along with all paperwork.
APPLICATION AND ALL SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS MUST BE SUBMITTED IN ONE PACKET.
- Complete the Adoption Grant Application
Forms – Please scan & mail the following form in one completed packet to: ONEless, Attn: Adoption Grants, P.O. Box 754, Smyrna, TN 37167
- Proof of adoption agency’s 501(c)3 status – document must contain Employer Identification Number (EIN) and must state that your agency is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization
- Copy of completed home study
- Typed Adoption Story – limit 250 words
- Copy of previous two year’s tax return
- * Note – Please mark through your social security number so that it is not readable on all documents.
- * Important – Online Adoption Grant Application, Pastor Questionnaire, and Reference Questionnaires are the only items we will accept via email. All other forms must be mailed together in one packet.
- Pastor Questionnaire – Request your Pastor to write a reference letter including how long he has known you. Include this, in a sealed envelope with your packet.
- Reference Questionnaire – Please provide 2 personal reference letters you entered from Step 1 of the application. Include these in your packet.